The scientific-technological contest Brain UC, which is co-organized by Engineering UC, the UC Innovation Center and the Direction for Development and Transfer, already selected 10 finalists.
The groups of the 30 semi-finalist projects presented their progress in the prototype and business model and a work plan for the final stage. Each project was evaluated by three judges: an expert in science/technology, a business expert and a member of the organizing committee.
Finalists: BioExplora, Daeki, Healthic, HEAT, Rollstoel, RTDK, Shel-Life, Stgo2020, STRATOS and VACuCh.
The projects will have an acceleration process that is going to take place between October 1st and 28th, 2015. Brain UC will award:
– A workplace @ Co-Work UC Innovation Center.
– Preferential access to the FabLab and BioFabLab @ UC Innovation Center.
– Access to capital up to $500,000 (chilean pesos) to develop their prototypes.
– Mentoring of experts in business and technical areas.
– Support and advice on business models and pitch.